BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Art

Sculpting:
My enjoyment with sculpting came with play-doh. My parent's had stocked the house with that as well as other learning materials and I would pass the hours sculpting things such as animals, buildings and vehicles, and reproductions of people. Although my early creations were a bit Lumpy and unappealing, my later ones became slightly more developed.

Sketching and Color:
This fascination started way back in first grade. My teacher, Mrs. Finch, had decided that she wanted to have an art class incorporated into her syllabus and we had a free period at the end of the day. So the entire class took art. It was taught by an odd woman with dreadlocks. I don't quite remember her name, but then, I don't remember much at all from my first grade year. After that, I kind of dropped normal art to pursue and develop my musical and photographical abilities. I never really picked it back up until this year. My home school teacher that all turn all my work in to, Michelle Piotrowski, informed me that there would be a first semester art class and she was thoroughly convinced that I should take it. Now all that was left to do was convince me. But she finally did and I consented to attend the classes every Monday morning from 9:00 to 12:30. Although I didn't see it, my world renowned art teacher, Joan Constable, felt that I excelled in her class and instantly employed me as captain for the Chalk Art team that was to compete at the local Fresno Fair along with recruiting me into private training for Young Masters. The class is over for this year and i'm now taking Driver's ed. in it's place, but I went out and bought myself a watercolor set, cheap crayola stuff, but it suits my purpose fine.

0 comments: