BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Music

Vocal:
My mother was the start of my love for music. She is a gifted vocalist and I was fortunate enough to inherit that from her. Sher was offered the opportunity to pursue a career in music, but turned it down because of stage fright. I first decided I wanted to sing when I was a toddler. My mother and I had a song that we sang together every time we heard it. I remember it well and still listen to it on my ipod all the time. It Matters to Me by Faith hill, a country artist who started her ascension to fame by winning a talent contest at the age of fourteen. Although singing along with my mother was substantial for my younger years, this was no longer the case as I entered my pre-teens. I decided to join my school choir in the 6th grade. My teacher, bill Samuelson, was a huge encouragement to me. I continued in choir in my eighth grade as well as freshmen year and found that although it wasn't exactly a goes use for my particular abilities, it was fun and I liked it. These days my interest in vocalists run towards those with unique vocal talents such as Amy Lee, the lead singer from Evanescence, Rihanna, Shakira, Celine Dion, and Carly Simon.

Piano:
I also have a love for the piano. This started the very first time I heard the moonlight sonata by Ludwig Van Beethoven. I fell instantly in love with it and decided I wanted to learn how to play the piano as well as develop my vocal abilities. In addition, my ability to play by ear won me tickets to the last local Metallica Concert. Yes, I'm a rocker. I learned and played the intro the The Day That Never Comes that was off of their at-that-time new album for KRZR and they loved it. It took about 15 minutes, a lot of support and help from my friend Lani, and a whole bunch of pacing back and forth. I still play piano as well as keyboard by ear, as I can't read music and so far by ear, I've learned many songs by Evanescence and Linkin Park.

0 comments: